Finally… I proudly present
the Irish spotted dog! Yeah!
It’s been soooo hot here lately that I just couldn’t bring myself to turn on the oven. Therefore the results of week 8 are well overdue.
So without further ado, here’s the recipe:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 tb butter, cut into small cubes
1 cup chocalate chips and walnuts (or cranberries or raisins for the traditional recipe)
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
maybe some milk
- Preheat oven to 375° fahrenheit (app 190° celsius).
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and powder as well as a pinch of salt together.
- Add small cubes of butter and knead through.
- Add the chocolate/walnuts (or if your doing it the traditional way – cranberries or raisins)
- Add yoghurt and egg and knead well. If need be, add some milk.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Form a loaf out of the dough and place it on the paper.
- Lightly cut an X on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool for some minutes before eating.
I have to say that this cake/bread was well worth the wait. We throughly enjoyed eating it! It’s been a bit crunchy on the outside but totally soft and almost fluffy on the inside. A perfect way to start your day or to sweeten up a lazy afternoon…