Yummy! Is about all I have to say about this cake. It’s buttery, almondy deliciousness.
I’ve combined several recipes and changed it according to my taste. Here’s what I did:
140 gr. flour
1,5 tsp baking powder
135 gr. sugar
125 gr butter (melted or at least room temperature)
75 gr. yoghurt (natural, unsweetened)
pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk
100 gr almonds
55 gr. butter
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 175° Celsius (345° Fahrenheit).
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one by one and incorparate well.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add part of flour mix and yoghurt/milk. Always alternating between the two until everything is all well mixed together.
- Grease and flour baking pan (preferably round).
- Pour dough into baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before you take out the cake, start preparing the topping by putting all topping ingredients into a cooking pot.
- Set the pot on the stove at medium-high temperature.
- Start stirring as soon as the mixture starts to melt.
- Cook until it bubbles up and slightly thickens.Takes about 5 minutes.
- Take cake out of the oven and evenly distribute the hot topping mix on the cake.
- Bake cake for another 15-20 minutes until the topping bubbles and starts to turn brown.
I think I definetely need to go to Sweden now! If only have of the food over there is as good as this cake, I’m going to be in food heaven. 🙂